Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom

Appreciation is a wonderful thing: 
It makes what is excellent in others
belong to us as well.
                                                                                                         ~ Voltaire



I was reminded of this quote last month when my friend Su D'Alessio (Delicately Detailed Pottery) surprised me by coming to one of my classes.  In typical Su fashion, she did not come empty handed.  

She presented me with this precious ginger jar ~

Ginger Jar by Su D'Alessio

Open Ginger Jar by Su D'Alessio
Only after the class did she reveal her identity to the others in attendance.  She then gifted each new tangler with one of her trademark delicate turtles.  Each turtle was fashioned of clay and finished in great detail, just as Su does with all of her remarkable pieces.

Class mosaic featuring Delicately Detailed Turtles by Su D'Alessio

I thank you and I appreciate you Su!



1 comment: