Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"It's a String Thing" #114

It's Tuesday, your good news day!

It makes me smile to type those words as I remember Jenny Hopkins' note (sent from Australia) in yesterday's post.    Here is a snippet just in case you missed it ~
I was sitting here the other day feeling a little flat, when I suddenly said "It's Tuesday. My good news day!" My daughter stared at me as though I was more than a little strange. I don't know whether it was what I said or how I said it, but I suspect that it was because it was actually Wednesday in this part of the world.
...Thank you for bringing us "Good news days"
Today, there is more good news.  Like all of you able to read this, I have another year to thank God for.  This week I celebrate my birthday.  While I used to be a bit shy about spreading the word, as I get older I am just plain grateful to be here to celebrate.  And celebrate we shall.

As it happens, fourteen is my favorite number.  My husband was born on the fourteenth of July, I was born on the fourteenth of October.

This week's good news all ties in with the number 14.  It is even our 114th challenge.

How could we not begin with TanglePatterns String 114 by another Australian tangler, Dorothy Allison?  Dorothy first joined "It's a String Thing" way back in #33.  This is her string ~


Copyrighted image used with permission by TanglePatterns.com

In keeping with the theme, we will use:

Ahh  - the 14th pattern listed on TanglePatterns,
Ta-Da - the 14th pattern listed under the 'grid' tab on TanglePatterns,
and
Teenos - the 14th pattern I developed.

This is going to be a blast!

Step outs for the patterns can be found by clicking their names above and/or TanglePatterns.

Use as many or as few as you'd like.

Simply pencil the string line onto your tile and tangle away!  Keep in mind that string lines are suggestions and let the patterns lead the way.

Here are the (Not so) Official Guidelines: 
* Challenges are posted on Tuesdays.
*Use the string posted for the week and patterns that begin or contain the letter(s) indicated
* Submit a photo of your tile saved as jpg or scan your tile (300 dpi or higher) and save as a jpg
*Email your jpg file as an attachment to - brunoadelem@gmail.com
*Entries are to be submitted by Saturday evenings.
*Photos and 'Best of Show' are posted on Mondays.
 

Send in your photos - you will encourage and inspire fellow Zentangle® enthusiasts all over the world. WHEN YOU SIGN YOUR NAME, FEEL FREE TO  INCLUDE YOUR STATE/COUNTRY. 
FOR EXAMPLE:   Adele Bruno (Florida)

PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary for you to have a blog or website to participate.

If you do have a blog or website, I will add a link upon request.  
Please include the site specific URL. 

I look forward to your emails.
HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment