Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tips for Tangling JJ

This week's "It's a String Thing" features the tangle JJ by CZT Joy Taylor.  It is a lovely pattern and I have enjoyed getting to know it.

Armed with my penchant for tangling with continuous lines, I experimented with ways to combine steps along the diagonal lines and across the grid.  My goal was to find a rhythmic and relaxing way to draw the tangle, which resulted in my Tips for Tangling JJ.  I hope you find them helpful ~


Tips for Tangling JJ (by Joy Taylor, CZT) by Adele Bruno, CZT

Some additional notes ~

In Step 1 -
As Joy states in her description on TanglePatterns, the dots are not necessary, but you may find them helpful.  I exaggerated them here so they can be seen, but they will be small dots on your grid.  
The other option is to just imagine those line segments divided into thirds, as I did in steps 2 and 3.

In Step 2 -
The long 'S' curve line crisscrosses over the diagonal line at the dots and through the square grid line intersections.



ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment