Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"It's a String Thing" #78 Tiles

Hearts, hearts, and more hearts!  That is what we have been tangling through "It's a String Thing" #77 and #78.  The latter combined a double heart string and four LOVE-ly tangles.  Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Kristen Kostelnik Killips who wrote ~
What a fun challenge! I haven't done much tangling this year so far, but I'm hoping to find more time. Why is it that when we would most benefit from Tangling we seem to have the hardest time finding the chance to do it? I guess the same can be said for most things that are good for us.
Oh well, here's to more time for Tangling!
And here is to more tangling time for all of us!
Tangled Tidbits -
*lovely rows of Hearline
*alternating black and colorful spaces of LG


Along with "many greetings" Sandra note read ~
I loved the patterns and used three of the four. I didn't really know how to tangle the fourth one also in just one tile ;-)
To tangle the tile made my day!
My blog-post .
Tangled Tidbits -
*Heartline in a heart shape
*beautiful shading


Carmela wrote, "All hearts.................................
On my blog. "

Tangled Tidbits -
*so many happy hearts and awesome aura
*Love Line along the heart shaped string line


Cindy Straight said, ..."The string was perfect to accommodate the lovely patterns...."

Tangled Tidbits -
*aura and tipple around Love Line
*complimentary swirls of LG, Hearline, and Hearty 


CZT Lucy Banta sent "Greetings from snowy New Jersey." She added, "Great string this week and great tangles. I struggled to use all four, and I thought I did until my sister pointed out that I didn't. Haha. Here's the link to my blog"


Tangled Tidbits -
*pretty perfs
*Love Line cleverly tucked into LG


Vicky Brison wrote ~
..and here is this weeks submission!...Loving these heart challenges!
This string reminded me of a heart shaped box of chocolates...yummy
so I gravitated to the brown(chocolates) and red(cherries) pens. Several
variations going on here...looks good enough to eat!
Yes, it does!

*fabulous details
*sparkle and shading
*beautiful variations of Hearty and Love Line


Dr. Neha Sanwalka wrote ~
What a lovely string you gave us to tangle this week. Loved tangling it. Its two of us at "Tanglicious Connections" who blog together and this time your challenge was so fun that both of us tangled for your challenge. The pink one is mine and white one is my friend Roshni's tile. We posted it on our blog too. 

Tangled Tidbits -
*twice the fun to tangle with a friend :)
*Heartline along the heart shaped string line
*bold background of Hearty


With greetings from Germany, Heike said, "The patterns were all new to me. I would have not tried any pattern with hearts [but] still enjoyed it."


Tangled Tidbits -
*light and dark aura
* a billowing LG



Emily Shelton wrote, "...I added some dangles and two Zentangle® patterns: Steps by Helen Williams’ and Kiss by Katie Booth. What would a Valentine’s Day/Heart tangle be without a Kiss?"

Tangled Tidbits -
*Love Line dangles - so pretty!
*pleasant mixture of light and dark spaces

Judy Wanner sent "Valentine hugs" and said that the string reminded her of "Meghan Trainor's pop hit, "All About That Bass"...!!
Thank you for that - made me laugh as I am sure most who read this will laugh too :)
Tangle Tidbits -
*sparkle in Love Line
*gorgeous line work in the three large hearts


Michele Wynne wrote ~
Wow, so many great patterns! This was a fun one and seriously challenging. It was not an easy task figuring out what to use where and there were a couple of rejects along the way. The best discovery was "LG" This one goes into my keeper file. I am not a "hearts & flowers" kind of girl (though I've found myself embracing such motifs over the last week or so) and I love the graphic boldness of it. I found that I like a good dose of black with my hearts and flowers;)
Tangled Tidbits -
*LG with sparkle and dark aura
*thin and thick strokes of Heartline



Ilse Lukken wrote, "Thank you for another nice challenge, it was fun to use your pattern LG!
You can also see my tile on my blog."

Tangled Tidbits -
*two lovely and detailed LG
*shading against the dark outline of LG


Amrita said ~
...Got to play with all new tangles. Heartline proved tricky for me....but all in all it was some good learning and lots of fun.
Also, on my blog 
Tangled Tidbits -
*Hearty string lines
*fine lines of LG make the center hearts pop
*detailed shading


Ann K said ~
Still feeling the love for the hearty challenges... Great patterns this week too...
All those hearts just calls for color!
I also posted this on my blog 
That is a very pretty tile and back drop, too.
Tangled Tidbits -
*an elegant mix of patterns in the string spaces
*stacks of Hearty, large to small, with wonderful bits of white


From CZT Joan Delony -


Tangled Tidbits -
*fabulous striping, sparkle, and shading, oh my!
*aura added to Love Line

Lori Byerly wrote ~
Hearts everywhere! I've added several new heart patterns to my tangle collection, thanks to you. Thanks also for creating a heart string for us to use in the challenge.
You can see my tile here as well. 
Tangled Tidbits -
*Lacey Heartline vines
*shaded layers of LG
*dotted border line


Annemarie wrote ~
So, the second tile with Valentine's Day as the subject. I liked working on it, however I liked my tile from last week better.
Here is the link.
Tangled Tidbits -
*Annemarie's pretty hand painted paper
*tipple with LG


Magdalene Lee wrote ~

Here's my tile for this week, and it's also up on my blog here. I thought this week's tangles allowed for more variation than last week's, and I had fun playing with them! I'll admit Heartline stumped me a bit as I found it difficult to get the hearts to align properly. But LG let me draw the heart shapes I love to draw so much and it's a great way to fill up space in a tile. I also enjoyed creating variations of Love Line.
Tangled Tidbits -
*striking mix of dark and light spaces
* sparkle and aura
*a gorgeous variation of Hearty


Susan Theron said -
Loved this challenge. I've tried other combinations, but liked this one best. I cheated a bit by adding heartstrings as a filler and too late realised that perhaps I should have added a bit of sparkle to the heartstring-filler .
That is not cheating, that is creative license :)
Tangled Tidbits -
*Heartline string lines
*beautiful dark back drop for the lightly lined LG


A very warm welcome to Kim Winebrenner who also posted her tile here on her blog ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*alternating detail lines in Heartline
*Hearty in a heart :)


Felicity said -
Firstly thank you Adele for the heartily, lovely string this week. One look at the string, and I was off to a heart-stopping rendezvous with Love Line, Heartline, and their sis Hearty to meet up with LG! I’m sure you can see I really had a great time. So many possibilities, and also a fantastic learning curve with three out of four of the great tangles. I have enjoyed using LG before, but the others were all new to me. The touches of colour are a must for my Valentine “series”
The energy in Felicity's words carries over to her pretty tangles~
Tangled Tidbits -
*aura and shading of Love Line
*a melding of Heartline and LG

Natasja Rijsbergen (the Netherlands) said ~
What a lovely string you made!!
It was a pleasure to tangle this string.
All tangles are beautifull and matches perfect together
I really like my finished zentangle.
It is beautiful!
Tangled Tidbits -
*a heart string line of Love Line with a striking white center
*Hearty lines on opposite sides
*lovely LG


Heidi wrote, "... I was a little stumped with all the linear patterns so I decided to use them as ribbons behind two large hearts. I really enjoyed all the tangles but especially Hearty."

Tangled Tidbits -
*Hearty and Love Line as a backdrop
*arrows in Heartline


From Ingrid Coventon -
This tile was really fun to do. Although the result is a bit disappointing me. I loved all the suggested patterns. I'm curious what others have made of this week's challenge. I think it will be very heartwarming to look at all the tiles loaded with hearts.
Tangled Tidbits -
*the patterns are so very pretty in pink
*a wonderful blending of LG and Hearty


Sue Agnew will get us all singing with her note ~
First of all, I have to "thank" you for an earworm ... don't know if you're old enough to remember the song "love grows where my Rosemary goes" ... but it's been haunting me all week. And the really funny thing about that is that I think of your LG tangle as standing for "life is good." But the power of suggestion is strong!
I wanted to use LG someplace besides the obvious place, in the heart shape. However, that's where it wanted to be so there it is. Love Line makes me think of bows tied around the bases of hearts ... so I tied a Love Line bow where the hearts meet, and then I paid (a very faint) homage to Heartline with the curvy ties of the bow.
Tangled Tidbits -
*a masterful blend of the patterns
*sparkle and dainty detail lines


Jane Glotzer describes a wonderful 'zen' experience with her tile ~
Another "love"ly challenge this week in honor of the day of celebrating all things LOVE. I started with LG, and as you can see, I ended there, too! Once I got going, I was addicted, and this piece ended up as a monotangle of your pattern--:)
I originally thought there'd be some Hearty or Heartline or Love Line in there somewhere, but I guess the zen of Zentangle had its own idea this time and once those blank empty heart spaces were staring at me, I decided to know when was done--:) A teeny bit of black background spaces, some red for the holiday, a touch of shading, and voila! simple, but sweet. That seems to be my approach for your challenges, lately... (and I'm pretty sure I will be using this or last week's challenge for my valentine's cards this year, so thanks very much for that!!!)
Wishing you, your family and the entire Zentangle community lots of love, passion and creativity for this week's Valentine holiday!
Tangled Tidbits -
*a glorious use of one pattern to define the spaces of a string line
*gotta love the white space hearts!


Joya said, "... I wish you all a great Valentine's day ♥"

Tangled Tidbits -
*a variety of pattern sizes gives them each emphasis
*shading LG around the heart string lines gives the area dimension
*rich touches of red


From Sharyn Penna ~
Wasn't this a happy follow up to your last prompt!
Helen Williams has such a unique hand to tangling ... very free spirited ... I think my hand is much more conservative than my thoughts and intention. My Heartline disappointed me at first, but once I began shading LG I realized, the conservative approach suits this tile. I hadn't used any of the heart themed tangles, and now I'm wondering why I waited so long. Thanks for all the heart-felt fun! Happy Valentine's Day! 
Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful string lines of Heartline and Love Line pulled together with Hearty
*wonderful layers of LG


Peggy Kohrmann wrote ~
I love your string and all the tangles though new seemed easy to do and understand. I used all four of the tangles and hopefully my shading will make the big hearts look like they might spin.
Happy Valentines day to everyone and enjoy the time with family and friends!

Tangled Tidbits -
*alternating shading of LG does add another dimension
*very pretty border of Love Line



Lily Moon sent her festive tile and also posted it here on her blog ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*two frames of a delicate Love Line
*so many detailed layers of LG
*aura of Hearty

From Efie van Rekum-Derksen -

Tangled Tidbits -
*a clever use of the tangles to accent the heart string spaces
*shading adds depth


Traci wrote ~
Another fun challenge!
Had to add a little red for my Valentine!
Thanks so much for your weekly challenge. I'm sure I speak for all ... We love it!
(And I love seeing what everyone sends in!)
Tangled Tidbits -
*curls on Love Line
*gorgeous variation of Hearty
*pretty pop of red



Cathy Cusson said,"Here we go! I loved this week! It was so much fun to play with the Valentine type tangles and string. I sort of compressed the sting into one of the tangles. [On] my blog. "

Tangled Tidbits -
*Love Line and Heartline blended
*aura of Heartline compliments LG


Suzanne Moshier said,"I really like [Love]line and the way it turned a simple string into flowing curves!"  [on my blog]

Tangled Tidbits -
*bright and beautiful tangles
*pretty string line of Love Line


And now, for a special treat, everyone who submitted a tile this week will receive a Valentine email from me as a thank you.

Thank you all for sharing the Valentine love and good wishes.

Many thanks to the creative minds behind the tangles used this week ~

Heartline by Helen Williams
Hearty by Livia Chua
Love Line by Judy Murphy

It was a pleasure to know so many of you enjoyed my LG.  

HAPPY ST. VALENTINE'S DAY!


2 comments:

  1. A lot of beautiful and creative tiles. Happy Valentine's Day to you too Adele :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, everyone will get a 'thank you' e-mail to thank us for joining, that's so kind of you. Because I think We have to THANK you for all the work you did for us!!!!
    Have a nice Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete