Friday, December 5, 2014

Tips for Tangling IXORUS

Last week's "It's a String Thing" featured Maria Thomas' tangle Ixorus.   Participants did beautiful things with the pattern and even commented on enjoying the tangle.  (Just in case you missed the fabulous results, click here to view them.)

I, on the other hand, found following the step out to be challenging.  Not quite sure why, but every once in a while, my brain is slow to take in a tangle.  Ixorus proved to be one I had to wrestle with quite a bit before I felt comfortable with it.

Maybe the struggle made me more appreciative because I absolutely love it now.

Here are some Tips for Tangling that I created to help anyone else learn to love the pattern too~


The tangle works wonderfully on straight as well as curved lines.
The doubled lines can be extended and smoothly morph into neighboring tangles.
In the above example, I shaded to the left side of each line although the pattern can be shaded to your liking.

ENJOY!





1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to give some of the Tangles a try..if is fascinating to see one come together.
    Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete