Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tips for Tangling Riverstones

This week's "It's a String Thing" features four fabulous tangle patterns - click here for all the happy details - including Lori Howe's Riverstones.

Here are my notes on her wonderful pattern ~


I have to admit that I tangled Riverstone several times before taking the time to read Lori's step out.

Initially I added the stones before the scalloped line.  The tangle works much better using Lori's directive to make the scalloped lines first - imagine!

Riverstone is a wonderful tangle.  Give it a try by participating in the challenge this week ;)







1 comment:

  1. I had a go with Riverstones today and it's a great one. And it reminded me again to take time to 'get to know' each tangle. To being with I just saw enlarged Tipple either side of the river, then once I drew it I realised the shape is very different and creates a wonderful effect.

    ReplyDelete