Friday, April 4, 2014

Egg-xercising My Tangle Muscles

This next egg has a lesson behind it - the recurring theme of Zentangle® method - "anything is possible one stroke at a time."

Yes, even if those strokes are wobbly and wonky like the wacky ones on my next tangled egg!

The eggs I'm working with are papier mache.  The surface is not very smooth as there are creases where the paper overlaps.

I began this one by drawing along those paper creases with an 08 Micron working  from top to bottom of the egg.    Then I did the same thing working around the egg.  It was not a very pretty sight, and I had thoughts of abandoning the effort all together...

After I added a few more lines to break up the larger areas, I darkened in Knightsbridge fashion.  I used Paradox in the open spaces and still was not too pleased with how it looked.

Bur when I added dots with a white Gelly Roll pen it looked a little better.  More dots and a bit of shading with a Faber-Castell PITT pen and this is the finished egg -

ZIA Egg #2     Adele Bruno, CZT

The process was quite an egg-xercise and a great reinforcement that anything really is possible one stroke at a time.
























3 comments:

  1. Your eggs are very pretty. Your patterns are great and the white dots do a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely like all of your work! You have inspired me to get out my cache of eggs....oh,no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 out of 10 for perseverance Adele! It's a beautiful egg!

    ReplyDelete